- A graduate of BS Accountancy or Management Accounting course
- At least one year work experience in bookkeeping
- Must be between 23 and 35 years old
- Must be computer literate
- Willing to learn sign language and serve the deaf
- Must be flexible, approachable, honest, trustworthy and understanding
- With good moral character
email@example.com or (034) 441-2031 c/o Lourdes Navarosa or Chat Jereza
Mrs. Ma. Agnes T. Jalandoni, President and Chief Executive Officer, Welcome Home Foundation, Inc., Calle de Mercedes, Villa Valderrama Subdivision, Brgy. Bata, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental 6100
- Application Letter
- 2 x 2 Photograph
- Transcript of Records / Diploma
- NBI / Police Clearance
- Medical Certificate and X-ray
- and other credentials
Dear friends of Welcome Home,
It’s easy to spend ₱500 ($11.50) or more on lunch in Metro Manila without thinking twice. You may be surprised to know that in the hands of Welcome Home Foundation, that same 500 pesos can provide lunch for twenty of our deaf staff or purchase six children's books for our deaf pre-schoolers.
However you wish to contribute, I encourage you to join us in Welcome Home Foundation's overarching mission: to provide education, ministry and outreach for the deaf of the Philippines. During our thirtieth anniversary, we are soliciting for our Pearl Year Fundraiser, which asks individuals to donate what they would normally spend on lunch... to sustain the work we do for the deaf.
In the Philippines, roughly 1% of the population is hard-of-hearing or profoundly deaf. During summer months, access to education and ministry is limited, adding strain to deaf families who already struggle to put food on the table. You can make a difference by donating to the Pearl Year Fundraiser in early 2016. With your support, we hope to raise ₱30,000 for each new student; this amount covers an entire school year’s tuition and housing expenses!
Thank you in advance for your generosity and your contribution to Welcome Home.
The deaf, and the hearing who love them...
... the staff of Welcome Home Foundation
PayPal is the world's leading non-profit donation system, with over 300,000 NGOs accepting payments. More than twelve million customers feel secure making payments on PayPal daily.
Welcome Home will not collect any of your financial information, and will never bill you for anything except your donation. WHFI respects your privacy and will not send unsolicited mail to your address.
100% of your donation will go to the project or division of your choosing! Thank you for your support of the deaf, and the hearing who love them! And thank you for supporting the staff of Welcome Home.
Welcome Home is also looking for new or barely-used, functioning, well-made goods for our classrooms, working spaces and offices. We are in high need of these goods:
- blank cloth bags, t-shirts
- children's books
- educational toys
- art supplies
- children's clothing
- gravel, land materials
If you have something you would like to gift to WHFI, please submit the form below. WHFI will respond to you soon; until then, thank you for thinking of us!
Welcome Home could not run without its volunteers. That said, WHFI is always looking for prospective volunteers that:
- care about Deaf culture, issues and advocacy
- can make a commitment of roughly ten hours per week for at least three months
- have experience in special education, agriculture, fundraising, entrepreneurial training, vocational assistance and disability advocacy
- can converse in FSL, ASL or Signed Exact English (recommended, but not required -- in fact, we will teach you!)
Please contact us via the form below!